Aberdares Walking Safari 2023
The Aberdare Range is a 160 km long mountain range of upland, north of Kenya’s capital Nairobi with an average elevation of 3,500 metres.
The Aberdare National Park, with an area of 767 Km2 covers the higher areas of the Aberdare Mountain Ranges of Central Kenya, from altitude of 1829M to 4001M above sea level. The topography is quite diverse with deep ravines that cut through the forested eastern and western slopes. Animals easily observed in the park include; the Black Rhino, leopard, baboon, black and white Colobus monkey and sykes monkey. Rarer sightings include those of lions, the golden cat and the bongo- an elusive forest antelope that lives in the bamboo forest. Animals like the eland and spotted and melanistic serval cats can be found higher up in the moorlands.
Visitors can also indulge in picnics, trout fishing in the rivers and camping in the moorlands. Bird viewing is rewarding, with over 250 species of birds in the park, including the Jackson’s Francolin, sparry hawk, goshawks, eagles, sunbirds and plovers.
ACTIVITY OPTIONS, Game viewing, Camping, Trekking and walking, Bird watching, Photography, Horse riding
4 Days Aberdare walking Safari
Day 1 – Mweiga
Departing our office in the morning. We go north to Mweiga to meet our guide and then up into the forested eastern slopes of the Aberdare ranges where we make camp.
Aberdare Walking Safari
Day 2 & 3 – Walking
We start our walk. Carry only what you need for the day’s walk, the vehicle will meet us in the moorlands where camp will be made. A short game drives if weather permits.
Day 4 – Nairobi
We depart the moorland camp (10,000ft) and descend by vehicle looking for game on the way. We drop off the guide and head back to Nairobi arriving before late afternoon. Note: Clients should arrange to have good weatherproof clothing and a warm sleeping bag, a water bottle and good walking shoes plus a pair of shoes to wear in camp. Aberdare Walking Safari.
Contact us for pricing
4Days Aberdares Walking Safari
Tour price includes:-
– Transport by safari vehicle
– Services of English speaking driver and chef
– Flying Doctors Emergency evacuation cover
– All airport/hotel/airport transfers
– Game park entrance fees
– Services of local Maasai guides
– – All campsite fees and community fees
– 1 litre drinking water per person per day
– All camping equipment including use of our 2-person tents, stools, foam mattresses,
– Three meals a day while on safari whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian prepared by our safari chef
Tour price excludes:-
– Personal travel insurance
– Sleeping bags
– Visits to cultural villages
– All airport taxes and visas
– Hotel accommodation in Nairobi before and after the safari
– Any other extras not stated as included above e.g. alcoholic beverages, gratuities to
Equipment required by the client is minimal.- Stout walking shoes, socks. T shirt and shorts, long pants and long sleeved shirt, warm jumper and waterproof jacket, bush hat and toothbrush being about all. Please do not bring any scented cosmetics. We provide sleeping mat, bag and tent. All food, and cooking equipment and of course our Hiking professional guide.
Aberdares Walking Safari 2023